The TurboSafe is designed to replace a traditional mechanical trip bolt on steam or gas turbines, power turbines, and other rotating equipment. It’s purpose-built to provide reliable overspeed trip protection for rotating equipment using magnetic speed sensors to determine rotational speed. Like the other Tri-Sen configurable products, the TurboSafe includes an intuitive configuration interface, so it's easy to set-up and simple to operate.
The TurboSafe is a triplicated electronic overspeed trip device designed to API612 requirements.
The TurboSafe is designed to replace a traditional mechanical trip bolt on steam or gas turbines, power turbines, and other rotating equipment. It’s built to provide reliable overspeed trip protection for rotating equipment using magnetic speed sensors to determine rotational speed. The TurboSafe monitors up to three magnetic speed sensors and trips the turbine (de-energize trip outputs) if at least two of the sensors simultaneously detect an overspeed condition.
- 2003 (two-out-of-three voting) logic meets and exceeds the reliability requirements of API 612 (Section 220.127.116.11)
- Voting Schemes to fit each application- while designed for TMR voting, the TurboSafe can also be used as a two-out-of-two dual overspeed trip system if compliance with API 612 is not required
- Easy on-line calibration and test of each trip setpoint and speed measurement circuit (using an external calibration source) provides simple set up and operation without fear of shutting down the turbine
- Total response time ≤ 40msec (elapsed time from overspeed detection through decision making logic) initiates the trip signal for rapid detection
- Wide speed range of 50- to 30,000-RPM allows the TurboSafe to protect virtually any turbomachinery train
- Redundant power supplies: accepts one or two external 18-32 VDC power sources
- Accuracy to 0.02% of speed-the highest measurement accuracy available for overspeed protection
- Peak-hold on highest detected speed (key-lock protected) stored for turbine analysis
- Available in both a panel mount and a NEMA 4X enclosure
- Two independent Form-C trip relay outputs
- Three Form-C alarm relay outputs for each speed unit
- Modbus (slave) RS485 Serial Communications
- 2x16 Character LCD with LED backlight for configuration and status monitoring