The TS300 is a self-powered, configurable digital governor designed to control an API-611, single valve, general purpose steam turbine, driving a mechanical load. Purpose-built with intuitive configuration, it's easy to set-up and simple to operate.
The TS300 self-powered digital governor is designed to control an API-611, single valve, general purpose steam turbine driving a mechanical load. For applications where 24 vdc power is not available the TS300 can be operated in self-powered mode; where the power used to run all of the TS300 electronics is generated from two speed probes. The TS300 also makes use of a back-up battery, providing power when the turbine is stopped or operating at low RPM in the self-powered configuration. The TS300 can also be used for simple turbine applications where 24vdc power is available.
- Self-powered for remote / isolated applications
- Configurable start acceleration ramp rate
- Auto Start
- Speed control with minimum and maximum governor speeds
- USB Configuration interface
- Front panel menu-driven configuration
- Overspeed Trip / Test
The TS300 is available in application appropriate packaging, and can be delivered with an optional "manual valve lift."
- NEMA Class 1, Div 1, Explosion Proof, Aluminum "Hockey Puck" transmitter enclosure
- NEMA 4X Class 1, Div 1, Explosion Proof, Stainless Steel "Hockey Puck" transmitter enclosure
- Painted Steel GMA-735/TS110 Replacement enclosure w/o "manual valve lift"
- Painted Steel GMA-735/TS110 Replacement enclosure with optional "manual valve lift"
- Stainless Steel GMA-735/TS110 Replacement enclosure w/o "manual valve lift"
- Stainless Steel GMA-735/TS110 Replacement enclosure with optional "manual valve lift"
- (4) configurable 24vdc digital inputs
- (1) 4-20mA analog input (remote speed set point)
- (2) pulse (frequency) inputs
- (2) 24vdc, inherently fail-safe digital output contacts
- (1) configurable analog output (1-6 mA self-powered or 420mA with external 24vdc power supply)
One of the most powerful features of the Configurator is the Simulate application, which allows the user to test a configuration on the PC without running the turbine or even connecting to the TS300 controller.
The user can simulate a turbine startup and confirm configured speed ranges, ramp rates and digital I/O functions without leaving the shop or the office.
|Inputs per controller||4, optically isolated with common return|
|Voltage Range||5V or 10V DC|
|Power Input||18 to 30 VDC 0.5 A typical @ 24VDC|
|Inputs per controller||1, differential current input|
|Resolution||0.1% of full scale|
|Accuracy||±2% over operating temperature range|
|Input Range||0-37.5mA max|
|Burden||7.1 V max. at 20mA|
|Common mode range||-0.1V to +12 V|
|Sensor (probe)||2, passive magnetic, 15ma Max (Tri-Sen 7131-0004 or equivalent)|
|Range||200Hz to 10kHz (200 to 10,000 RPM with 60 tooth gear)|
|Gear||Diametrical Pitch ≤ 8°, 20 – 180 teeth|
|Accuracy||±1.0RPM @ 3000RPM in an operating environment of 20°C|
|Outputs per controller||2, isolated, normally open contact, solid state relays|
|Voltage Range||24 VDC|
|Current Range (contact)||3A|
|Feature||Self-Powered by Magnetic Pickup||External Power at +24 VDC|
|Outputs per controller||1, current source, ground-referenced||1, current source, ground-referenced|
|Resolution||0.2% of full scale||0.1% of full scale|
|Load Range||0-350 ohms @ 5mA out||0-1000 ohms @ 20mA out|
|UL (file E233163)||Class 1, Divison 2, Groups A,B,C,D hazardous locations (without enclosure)|
|ATEX||Ex Na IIC T4 Gc ; [Certificate Number: DEMKO 13 ATEX 1202145X Rev. 0]|